I finally found subs to a movie I've had on my harddrive for a year. The subs didn't line up. I fixed it. Here's how:
- Open VLC Player.
- Click the File Menu.
- Click Open File.
- Click Browse to Open the Movie.
- Check the "Use a subtitle file" Box.
- Click Browse to Open the Subtitle.
- Click "Advanced Settings"
- Move the Delay into the minus if the subtitles are too fast, move it into the positive if the subtitles are too slow.
Brian added this:
You can also just press 'H' and 'J' while the video is running to align the subtitles backward and forward in time. The increments are in milliseconds so it can be pretty easily fine tuned that way, but I don't know if there's any way to save that setting.